Monday, May 19, 2008

Feng Zhu Quotes

I've kept these two quotes in my journal for quite some time and I've found them to be very inspiring.

"there is no secret to drawing. The more you do it, the better you'll get. It's all about mileage. A lot of people try to look for shortcuts, but there aren't any. Just bite the bullet and do the work. There is no easy path."

"You are 29? Not a problem! It's never too late to get into anything. Here's a little story that might inspire you. If you have the Art of Episode 3 book, look for an artist named Sang Jun Lee. Believe it or not, he didn't do any drawings (and I mean none), before attending college in the U.S. After he got an internship at ILM, he drew like crazy. Within only 2-3 years, he has reached the level he's at now. which is pretty amazing! He draws like a seasoned pro. What a great inspiration huh?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good quotes. I've never thought that art was "something you're born with." I always felt that anyone could learn. These quotes kinda validate that.