Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mass Effect 2 concept environments

I recently came across some of the new concept environments for Mass Effect 2 on IGN, and You know how I LOVE environments.

What really strikes me about these is that they have that "implied detail" about them where the artist/artists have used photographs and quick brushstrokes to make you think you're looking at something that is close to finaled or finished concept art. The artists at BioWare really know their stuff

When you zoom in (click the photos) you can see some of the fat brushstrokes and low-res photography stretched beyond recognition. Awesome use of atmospheric haze and depth as well.

The Art of Mass Effect has been on my wish list for quite some time so I may need to go out and grab it. I can only hope they do a book for Mass Effect 2.

A new space station image was just released so I've decided to post the art here. Big thanks to the folks at IGN .

6 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome going to look at it in the morning

Joris said...

I got the Art of Mass Effect book, and it's pretty good.
Altough it seems they really kicked it up a notch for Mass Effect 2. Wow.

You might want to look over here: http://www.creativeuncut.com/art_mass-effect_a.html
It's a small sample of the artwork for the first gam (and made me buy the book).

Unknown said...

THese are stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow just mind blowing.

Danny said...

I really liked part one. I am so anxious for part two and I am so sure part three will be great as well. I hope to see more details on part 2 and 3 soon.

chrisWhite said...

Man, those are some really awesome environments, thanks for pointing them out!